THE PICTURE BOOK BRAIN TRUST IS ACCEPTING MEMBERS
Are you worried about your child falling behind in reading this school year?
Education is changing because of the worldwide pandemic. Early research is saying that kids are up to 7 months behind in their learning due to emergency distance learning.
More and more, parents are having to take on the role of teacher at home. You’re not trained as a teacher, though! You don’t have the time to figure out how to best teach your child.
What if YOU could improve your child’s reading with the help of a certified teacher?
Reading aloud with your child and discussing the reading IN AN INTENTIONAL WAY. Research says that reading aloud with your child is one of the most influential factors in a child’s reading ability. That’s it. Reading to your child EVEN WHEN THEY CAN READ THEMSELVES!
Do you have 20-30 minutes to read with your child?
If you do, then you can help your child thrive as a reader! You just need a plan when you’re reading with your child. The lesson plans in this membership are designed for parents, homeschoolers and parents. They tell you just what to say and what questions to ask. They also have writing activities to have your child write about what you read about. You just need to make the time to read with your child. That’s it!
Do you read with your child but just don’t know what to do after?
My lesson plans and activities are going to help you know EXACTLY what to do and say when reading with your child so they not only don’t fall behind, they thrive! I’m a certified teacher who specializes in teaching reading. I teach in English and Spanish to all kinds of learners. I’ve spent years learning how to best help kids grow a love for reading and be critical thinkers as they read.
Do you not read with your kids yet because you just aren’t sure what to do?
There are so many books in the library and the bookstore. It can be overwhelming. I have book lists that can help you find the perfect book to read with your child for any occasion!
Want to get your kids writing about their reading?
My lesson plans feature ways for your kids to practice writing about their reading either by hand or using digital tools like Google Docs. There are graphic organizers including Venn Diagrams and idea webs as well both printable and digital!
I’ve taken the time to read thousands of books and find the best ones to read with your kids for any occasion!
I made lesson plans for over 400 books and read countless more that didn’t make the cut. These plans hit all of the standards no matter what standards you’re using. They engage students with digital tools, and they are for classic and new books that you may not have even heard of yet. I’m still reading books, and constantly adding new plans because I’m just obsessed with picture books! That’s why…
YOU CAN GET ALL THE HELP YOU NEED WITH NONE OF THE STRESS!
- Over 400 lessons for grades K-5
- Each lesson includes:
- week-long lesson plan
- discussion questions
- comprehension questions
- suggested discussion strategies
- reading response pages and graphic organizers
- anchor chart ideas
- Over 100 digital lessons:
- Google Slides for parent or student use
- Google Docs and Slides response pages
- Digital graphic organizers
- Over 200 lessons available in Spanish and English
- Private members-only community forums to share ideas, collaborate, problem-solve and chat
- Immediate access to all new lesson plans added monthly
Over 1,000 5-star reviews on Teacher Pay Teachers from teachers, homeschoolers and parents! See what others have said about the lesson plans and the kids they’ve used them with.
Why would parents and homeschoolers sign up for something like this?
- It saves you time and stress. I’m a parent too. I know how hard it can be to help your child if you’re not sure what you’re doing. My lesson plans are so easy to follow, and the community is going to help you along the way.
- You’ll be teaching like a pro and your kids will love the books! I’m a certified teacher with years of experience and specialized training to be a reading teacher having taught students from age 5-12. These lesson plans will have you asking the right questions that will get your kids thinking and LOVING reading!
- What makes this program different? I looked around. There are similar programs, and they cost more than DOUBLE. A lot of those websites aren’t continuously adding new resources like I will be. Others don’t offer the community aspect. Others don’t have digital materials or materials in Spanish and English.
- Can I cancel if I don’t like it? I really doubt that you won’t like this. I’m pouring my soul into it. If you aren’t satisfied, though, you can definitely cancel at any time. Remember you can GET YOUR FIRST MONTH FOR $1!
- Will this really help my kids? The short answer: YES! The long answer: This membership does not replace reading with your kids. You still need to make the time to read to your child or have them listen to the book. You still need to talk to your child about the books. There’s no replacement for a book and a lap 🙂
- What if you don’t have a lesson plan I want? There’s a Request a Lesson Plan forum where you can request a lesson plan for any book you’re interested in and the lesson plan will be made for you!
Are you ready to join me and this group of parents, homeschoolers and educators?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of joining the Picture Book Brain Trust?
The Picture Book Brain Trust will help you reclaim all that time you used to spend stressing about reading with your kids. Access lessons that have already been made for you for HUNDREDS of picture books with discussion questions, and activities ready to print or access digitally.
When you join the Picture Book Brain Trust you will also get access to an online forum community of certified teachers, parents, and homeschoolers just like you who are quick to help you find the perfect book, the perfect strategy and the perfect solution to your struggles.
Like digital resources? Access over 100 lessons with digital resources with more added each month!
Want to teach in another language? Over 200 lessons available in both English and Spanish with more added each month!
Are my kids the right age for this?
There are resources for grade levels Kindergarten through 5th grade. The majority of resources are for Kindergarten, first, second, and third grade. New resources will be added monthly.
Are the lessons aligned to standards?
Yes! All lessons are aligned to the Common Core State Standards. Even if your state doesn’t use the Common Core, many of the standards in each state are very similar to Common Core for literacy. Math is a completely different story!
What kinds of books are the lessons for?
You name the picture book genre, I’ll bet I have it. Classic picture books to books published this year. I’ve got the award winners: Caldecott, Pura Belpre, Coretta Scott King, and MORE. Fiction and non-fiction books. Diverse characters and cultures. English and Spanish. You’ll also be able to provide input and feedback about which new lessons I add each month.
Is this for me?
- If you want to stop stressing about teaching your child, this is for you.
- If you want easy-to-follow lessons that you can print and go or pull up on your favorite device, this is for you.
- If you want to hear about amazing new books to read to your child and know all of the right questions to ask, this is for you.
- If you want access to a community of parents, homeschoolers and educators who love books as much as you (or more) who can save you the time of searching for the just right picture book, this is for you.
- If you want access to over $1,000 worth of resources for a low monthly, yearly or lifetime price, THIS IS FOR YOU.
Worried about joining and not being satisfied with the purchase? I believe in this so much, I’m offering you access to years of my work and the community FOR JUST $1! My grandfather and my dad always told me to do it right the first time or you’ll have to do it again. I did this right and it’s only going to get better. Buy with confidence!